Stories of Fasha: Happy Father's Day

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad...I love a lot of things about you.
You tell a hell of a story, that's for sure.
Like the time when you were a chubby little fat kid
and your sisters ditched you in that shed full of yellow jackets.
 Or that time when you were a chubby little fat kid, and you fell out of that
tree and broke both wrists.
Or that summer when you were a chubby little fat kid and you shit your pants
while caddying for Uncle Steve at the country club.

 And you waited outside the country club entrance for Aunt Sue
to bring you a change of pants.
 No matter how many times I hear a story, 
I tune in just as well as if it were the first time.

I love how you always know just what to say, 
and you're full of good advice.
You'd send me off to school everyday 
with wise words.
 You'd drop me and my friends off at the mall
in that damn Ford Windstar 
(you always had to bring the stupid dog)
and holler cautionary tidings out the window as you drove off.
And while you have your moments...
 at the end of the day, you are the best Dad a kid could ever ask for.
So, Dad...
Today's your day...
I really wish I could spend it with you, but I know you're getting 
plenty of rest and relaxation.
I miss you and I can't wait for our plans this August.
 I love you, Daddy.

xo-Court

No comments: